We’ve all heard it: Abs are made in the kitchen. And it couldn’t be more true! Below are a few flat belly foods with fat-burning properties to help you with this dreaded task of weight loss. Just remember: No one food can do the job alone. You need to have a plan and a purpose. Make sure you’re eating the proper amount of calories for your body and exercising regularly as well!
Here are a few of the best foods to eat when trying to lose weight.
1. Oats with cinnamon: Oats are a great start to your day. They will help keep you full while the cinnamon has natural thermionic properties, increasing your metabolism. Try out our Skinny Slow Cooker Apple Pie Oatmeal!
2. Grapefruit: Grapefruit helps lower insulin levels, which promotes weight loss and a fast metabolism.
3. Red peppers: Peppers contain capsaicin to help you to burn that stubborn fat. Click here to get the recipe for our delicious (and skinny) Red Pepper Slaw!
4. Almonds: Almonds are a great source of protein to help keep you full and your metabolism kicking. Click here for our skinny almond trail mix recipe!
7. Blueberries: Blueberries are loaded with antioxidants, and they are also low in sugar and great for a healthy, low calorie snack! We love this Flatout® Delicious Blueberry Cinnamon Roll Up recipe.
9. Chicken: Chicken is a great source of lean protein. By placing more protein in your diet, you can lower the amount of carbohydrates you take in while promoting weight loss. Check out our many skinny chicken recipes by clicking here!
10. Sweet potato: Sweet potatoes are great for keeping your blood sugar levels stable while promoting a better, faster metabolism. Click here for our Pulled Pork Stuffed Sweet Potatoes recipe.