Everyone likes to be rewarded, especially for a job well done. Unfortunately, a lot of us take our reward in the form of food or drink. Don’t sabotage your healthy living progress by rewarding yourself with a big fattening meal when there are so many other great ways to say job well done! Just remember how hard you worked to get to where you are now. There are so many ways to reward yourself that do not involve food — and not all of them have to involve money, either.
1. Take time for yourself. Even if it’s just 30 minutes, do something just for you with no interruptions. Need some ideas? Read a book, listen to music, go for a walk or hike or watch a movie. The options are endless!
2. Get manicure or pedicure. If you can’t afford to pay for one, just do your own! It’s a great feeling to take care of the little things and you’ll feel even more confident with some fresh nails!
3. Shop ’til you drop. Better yet, get a new workout outfit as motivation to hit the gym even harder! Or kitchen appliances that will make your healthy eating ways a little easier!
4. Get a massage or a spa treatment. Who wouldn’t want this “me time”? It’s a great reward for pushing your body so hard in the gym.
5. Plan a movie night with your family or partner.
6. Plan a girls’ night. Watch a chick flick, get outside, go dancing, play games or just hang out and catch up. Sometimes there’s nothing better that chatting with your girlfriends!
7. Buy a new book or healthy cookbook. Close your door, take some alone time and enjoy a new read! Might we suggest Skinny Mom founder and CEO Brooke Griffin’s brand-new cookbook, SKINNY SUPPERS? Click here to learn more!
8. Buy a new workout DVD and enjoy the new variety. Here’s a list of our favorite workout DVDs, or you can click here for access to tons of free workouts on our site. Check out our Sweat Like A Mother workout below:
9. Go to a concert. Make it a date night and dance the night away!
10. Check out a local museum or tourist attraction you have been wanting to see. Take the kids for a fun field trip!
11. Take a class. Try a new craft class, a healthy cooking class, photography, pottery, exercise, etc. This is another reward you can get creative with and really enjoy the time learning something new.