We all have rules or standards in certain areas of our life. These standards create a base for what we hope to accomplish and the rules create an environment of obligation. For example, we often set standards and rules for house chores – set the table while dinner is cooking and unload the dishwasher. After dinner rinse dishes and load the dishwasher and clean remaining mess. The standard is keeping the home neat and clean.The rules create the “have to”; this is what you have to do to get to your “standard”.
While it’s easy for us to make rules and standards for every day chores, we often lack the same quality when it comes to our health and well being. What if we applied the same format of rules and standards to our quality of life, our health, and our bodies? It’s simply a fail proof way of creating an obligation to be the best you can be!
Here are some commandments to help you embark on a new journey full of rules and standards to help you grow and aspire, heal and live.
1. Love yourself: To love your body you must first love you. The love you hold inside for yourself will shine through to the outside.
2. Be happy with who you are: Your situations do not define you, you are still important and loved no matter where you are in life. You have purpose.
3. Promise positivity: We can be our hardest critics. Make a declaration to yourself to choose positivity. Don’t continue negative self talk, these conversations will impact you internally and externally.
4. You’re allowed to change: You are allowed and have the power to change anything that isn’t the way you’d like it to be.
If you’ve wanted to lose weight then make a commitment to do it. If you are tired of your hair and dread doing it in the morning, make an appointment with a stylist. You have the power to change.
5. Nurture your health: Eat good and wholesome foods that provide nutrients to your body.
6. Listen to what you body tells you: We were all born with natural instincts. The butterflies when you get nervous, the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach when you know something isn’t right. Be aware of the those signals and never MUTE them..listen soundly.
7. Embrace who you are: We all have different quirks and things about us. Never try to fit a mold. Everything about you, makes you YOU!
8. Smell the roses: We often use our eyes to see beauty, but beauty is in different forms. Don’t limit your senses.
9. Stop dwelling on the past with guilt and regret: Don’t burden your heart with that heavy weight. “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
10. Get out of your own way: If you want to achieve, ACHIEVE. If you want to be, BE. Only you can limit yourself.
11. Get exercise daily: Studies show that 30 minutes of daily exercise can improve your health and also your self -esteem.
12. Finish what you start: Give your heart the gift of victory. This will lead to more accomplishments, either it be in your diet, home life, or career.