After kids and daily stress, you may have noticed your tummy growing larger than in your younger days. Fret no more — you still have time to transform that core from flab to fab with our flat abs makeover. Incorporate these 19 core-sculpting moves into your fitness routine while coupling it with a clean diet and watch your chiseled midsection emerge. Abs after baby really are possible!
1. Stability Ball V-Pass: This is a surefire way to trigger your core muscles with an added glutes and hamstrings bonus. This is a crunch made fun with the ball pass element. Get details on this move here.
2. Side Plank Thread the Needle: Engage your entire core in plank mode with an added emphasis on the love handles with this side plank with movement. Use weights, a water bottle or even can of food for added strength training. No equipment (excuses) needed! Learn this move here.
3. Crab Twist: We love exercises that serve double duty. This core blaster is an oblique obliterator which also engages the upper body and forces you to focus on stability and movement. Watch the video below, then get details on this move here.
4. Plank Jack: This move is another double whammy, engaging the core with a plank focused on movement while continuing to maintain good form. This incorporates a cardio element that will raise your heart rate while working the core. For more info on the plank jack, click here after watching the video below!
5. Forearm Plank: This is a core exercise that focuses on little movement while isolating core muscles. Increasing the time that you can hold this plank is a great indicator of improved core strength. Learn how to do this plank here.
6. Russian Twist with Kettlebell: The added weight takes the Russian twist up a notch, but you can also use a hand weight or water bottle. Or you can modify the move to make it a little easier with no weight at all until you’re ready to progress! For more information, click here.
7. Pushup: Most people only give credit to the pushup for upper body strength, but it’s also a great test of strength for the core as you work to perfect pushup form. Make sure you’re doing pushups properly by checking your form here!
Get more tummy transforming moves by clicking “next” below.