• 8 tbsp unsalted butter, cold, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
• 3 egg whites
• 1 egg
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, divided
• 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
• 2 tsp lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. To make crust, mix whole-wheat flour and Splenda® brown sugar using a food processor until fully mixed. Toss butter into flour mixture and pulse to combine using short bursts of power until butter is cut into tiny pea-sized pieces and dough appears lumpy.
3. Sprinkle crust mixture onto an ungreased 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking pan as evenly as possible; press down with a spatula to create a packed surface.
4. Place crust in middle of oven and bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
5. While crust is baking, to make lemon topping, beat egg and egg whites in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until well blended.
6. Add vanilla extract and 3/4 cup of powdered sugar; mix well.
7. Add lemon juice and remaining powdered sugar; mix until powdered sugar is completely dissolved and then add zest.
8. As soon as crust is finished, remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 300°F.
9. Immediately pour lemon mixture over hot crust.
10. Bake completely, about 30 minutes; cool, and cut into 24 bars.