Need a yummy and healthy snack that your kids will love? Try this easy recipe for pigs in a blanket!
Serving size: 4 pigs in a blanket
- 8 fat free or reduced fat hot dogs (aim for 50-60 calories each)
- 1 can (8 servings) Pilsbury Reduced Fat Crescent Rolls refrigerated dough
- 2 slices reduced fat American cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut each hot dog into 4 even pieces
- Section off American cheese slices to make 8 equal pieces
- Take 1 of the 8 triangle-shaped portions of the dough and roll or stretch it out slightly, making into a larger triangle. Next, cut this pice of dough into 4 long, narrow triangles. Starting at the base of each of these triangles, roll 1 hot dog and 1 cheese piece up in each triangle until the point of the triangle wraps around the center.
- Place each pig onto a baking pan lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Make sure to leave room between each pig as the dough will expand while baking them.
- Place pan in oven and bake for about 12 minutes until dough is golden brown and crispy. Your kids are sure to love these fun snacks!
Nutrition Info and Tips
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com