Satisfy your sweet tooth with this yummy and low calorie vanilla cupcake recipe. Here at Skinny Mom, we like to top the cupcakes with fresh fruit for a delicious dessert that won’t wreck your diet or expand your waistline. For more Skinny Cupcake recipes, click here.
*This recipe was adapted from a recipe in Hungry Girl®.
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 17-20
Yield: 10 cupcakes
Serving size: 1 cupcake
- 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip Free, thawed
- 2 tbsp Jell-O Sugar-Free Fat-Free Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- Half of an 18.25 oz box (about 1 1/2 cups) moist-style yellow or white reduced-sugar cake mix
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup Sprite Zero (or another diet lemon-lime soda), room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites or (about 4) raw egg whites
- ½ cup fresh fruit (blueberries, strawberries, blackberries or raspberries)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make frosting, combine Cool Whip with pudding mix in a bowl, and mix until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until cupcakes are ready to be frosted, best if this has been refrigerated for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix (remember that you are only using ½ of the box) with baking powder and stir until free of any lumps. Add Sprite Zero and vanilla extract, stir or whisk until batter is smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg whites with a handheld electric mixer set on medium speed until fluffy, about 1 - 2 minutes. Slowly mix egg whites into the cake batter until thoroughly combined.
- Line 10 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups and/or spray with nonstick spray. Evenly distribute batter among the 10 cups. Cups will be almost full but no need to worry.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out fairly clean. Set aside and allow to completely cool.
- Once cupcakes have cooled, top each evenly with the frosting and the fresh fruit. Enjoy!
Nutrition Info and Tips
Per Serving (1 cupcake):
WWP+: 4 points
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com