Here at Skinny Mom®, we like to think of our Skinny Tiramisu recipe as heaven in your mouth. Angel food cake and chocolate pudding make this a unique and delicious take on traditional tiramisu and without the calories and fat.
Skinny Mom Favorite: We love using the Pillsbury Reduced Sugar Fat-Free Angel Food Cake mix as it is lower in calories and fat than any other brand that we have been able to find. If you can’t find this particular brand, feel free to use any other fat-free brand that you can find.
Yields: 12 Servings
Serving Size: 1/12 of Dessert
- 1 reduced sugar fat-free angel food cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups cooled, strong-brewed, flavored coffee (or espresso)
- 1 package of sugar-free fat-free chocolate pudding
- 2 cups of skim milk
- 1 cup light ricotta cheese (not part-skim, light)
- 1 cup Cool Whip Free
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. Stevia
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Begin by making the angel food cake as directed on the back of the box.
- Bake angel food cake in the oven and let cool.
- While angle food cake is baking, prepare chocolate pudding as directed using the 2 cups of skim milk. Place prepared chocolate pudding in the refrigerator to set.
- Once angel food cakes have cooled, place one of the cakes in the bottom of a deep round dish.
- Drizzle half of the cooled coffee over the cake or until desired saturation is reached.
- Next, remove chocolate pudding from refrigerator and spread half of the mixture over the angel food cake.
- In a bowl, combine cheese, Stevia, Cool Whip and vanilla, and mix well.
- Spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture on top of chocolate pudding layer and then top with 1/2 of the cocoa.
- Next, layer remaining angel food cake on top of the mixture.
- Again, cover with coffee until desired saturation is reached.
- Spread remaining chocolate pudding mixture on top of angel food cake.
- Next, spread remaining cheese mixture on top.
- Lastly, sprinkle cocoa over dish until lightly covered. Best when eaten immediately.
Nutrition Info and Tips
Serving Size: 1/12 of cake
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com