Plan a Mexican Fiesta with this delicious Skinny Mom® recipe for Shrimp Tacos! This recipe is quick, easy, and tastes delicious. It is perfect and healthy for the whole family.
Skinny Mom Fact: Shrimp are naturally high in calcium and protein, yet low in calories, making them one of our favorite sources of protein!
Yield: 8-10 Tacos
Serving Size: 1 Taco
- Marinade and Dressing
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- dash of salt
- dash of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pound cleaned medium shrimp (about 35-40)
- 4 cups finely shredded Cole slaw mix
- 1 package of whole wheat taco size tortillas
- Directions for the marinade and dressing;
- In small bowl, whisk together all ingredients and stir well.
- Directions for Tacos;
- Heat broiler to high. In a medium-size bowl, combine 1/4 cup of the marinade and the shrimp.
- In a second medium sized bowl, combine remaining marinade and the Cole slaw mix. Let both marinate for 15 minutes.
- Transfer shrimp to broiler pan. Broil a few inches from heat for 5-7 minutes, turning once.
- Warm a tortilla in microwave for 10 seconds. Top with 4 or 5 shrimp and 1/4 cup slaw. Repeat with all ingredients.
Nutrition Info and Tips
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com