Need a delicious and healthy way to serve up fish for dinner that you and your kids can enjoy? Look no further than our Skinny Fish Sticks recipe. Serve these yummy and easy fish sticks up with a serving of our sweet potato fries and you have a fish and chips meal that you can feel good about and we guarantee your kids will be asking for seconds.
Skinny Mom Fact: Nutritionists generally agree that you should eat at least 2 servings of fish per week.
Serving Size: 6 oz. serving 2-3 pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds cod or tilapia fillets, cut into strips
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup Fiber One Cereal Original Brand (use food processor to make into a bread-crumb consistency
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Place a large rack over a baking sheet and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place flour in a medium sized deep glass dish.
- In a second dish, whisk together egg whites and mustard.
- Mix together Fiber One bread crumbs, Old Bay Seasoning, salt, pepper, and Panko bread crumbs together and place on a large plate.
- Coat fish (cod or tilapia) with flour, dip into egg mixture, and then coat with bread crumb mixture.
- Place fish pieces on baking rack.
- Bake fish for 15-18 minutes until done.
Nutrition Info and Tips
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com