Perfect cooking project for your little ones and it is just in time for the 4th of July! Start by making a biscuit mix, then cut the dough into stars for this fun summer dessert. Whipped cream and fresh berries complete the treat.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 27 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Size: 1
- 1 package (7.5-8 ounces) buttermilk-biscuit mix
- 2 Tbsp plus 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 half-pint blueberries
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- red, white, and blue sprinkles
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a bowl, stir together biscuit mix and 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Stir in the half-and-half and make rolled biscuits following package directions.
- Cut biscuits with 3-inch star cookie cutter.
- Place on baking sheet and bake 10 to 12 minutes.
- Beat heavy cream and remaining 2 teaspoons of sugar with an electric mixer until firm peaks form. Slice biscuits in half and spread with whipped cream.
- Fill biscuits with berries and top with sprinkles.
Nutrition Info and Tips
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com
Source: Parents Magazine