This is a fun and tasty way to prepare chicken tenders that your kids are going to love! The mixture of Panko breadcrumbs and coconut give the chicken a sweet and crunchy flavor. Pair with a delicious side dish like my spicy sweet potato fries and you have a healthy and easy meal perfect for the whole family!
Skinny Mom Fact: Coconut is highly nutritious and rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It is classified as a “functional food” because it provides many health benefits beyond its nutritional content.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 2 chicken tenders
- 8 chicken tenders (bout 1.5 lbs)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 egg whites
- Non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine coconut, panko, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Put egg whites, if used, or egg substitute in a separate small bowl.
- Next, dip chicken tenders into the egg and then into the coconut mixture. Cover with the mixture on both sides.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and coconut is golden brown. Turn the chicken once halfway through the cooking time.
- Serve with your favorite sauce or side dish and enjoy!
Nutrition Info and Tips
Per Serving (2 chicken tenders):
Vitamin A: 4%
Vitamin C: 0%
WWP+: 8 points
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com