Skinny Apple Cinnamon Raisin Grilled Cheese
If you and your family love pairing cheese with something sweet than you will love this recipe for a Skinny Apple Cinnamon Raisin Grill Cheese Sandwich. You can substitute Swiss Cheese with any flavor of cheese that you like or to save even more calories you can spread 1 wedge of the Laughing Cow Cheese Spread onto bread instead of using a cheese slice. You and your whole family will love this recipe and it makes a perfect lunch box snack.
Skinny Apple Cinnamon Rasin Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices of whole grain cinnamon raisin bread
- 1 slice Reduced-Fat Swiss Cheese or part skim Swiss cheese
- 1/4 small apple, cut into thin slices (we used Granny Smith Green Apples)
- 2 tsp light butter or margarine such as I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spread
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of cinnamon raisin bread (you can use a butter pan spray instead as well).
- Heat a large skillet pan over medium-low heat or you can use a heated sandwich maker.
- Once the pan is warm, add one slice of bread, buttered side down, then top with half of the cheese, all of the apple slices, and finally the remaining cheese.
- Close the sandwich with the second slice of cinnamon raisin bread, buttered side up.
- Grill until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted, around 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with a healthy side of carrot sticks or celery.
Nutrition Info and Tips
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com
Skinny Mom Fact: April is national grilled cheese sandwich month and grilled cheese sandwiches officially showed up in America in the 1920s.