Scalloped Corn is the perfect side dish to any Southern supper. You will love the delicious sweet flavor of the corn and we have made some substitutions to make it healthier for you and your family. Feel free to add chopped onion, green pepper, or even carrots to this recipe to get in an extra vegetable serving.
Cook time: 2 hours
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 can cream-style corn (14.75 ounces)
- 1 can whole kernal corn, drained (15.25 ounces)
- 2/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3 egg whites with 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted (we used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spread)
- 3/4 cup evaporated fat-free milk
- 2 Tbsp Splenda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1tsp onion powder
- Spray the inside of crock pot with cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients except whole kernel corn in a large bowl until well mixed. Stir in whole kernel corn, pour into cooker.
- Cover and cook on high heat for 2-3 hours. Serve warm and enjoy!
Nutrition Info and Tips
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com
Skinny Mom Fact: One bushel of corn will sweeten more than 400 cans of Coca-Cola!