This is an easy dish to make that has a “WOW” factor on the plate! It is a perfect recipe for the Fall and has little prep and hardly any mess to clean up afterward.
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1
- 1 pound ground lean turkey breast
- 1 cup of peeled and finely chopped apple
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup of dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1/4 tsp of hot sauce
- 2 medium acorn squash
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Now , in a large bowl, combine the turkey, apple, onion, read crumbs, egg , salt, pepper, sage and hot sauce.
- Then slice the acorn squash in half and remove the seeds and strings.
- Fill the center with the stuffing mixture and put into a baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until stuffing is toasted and you can pierce the squash.
Nutrition Info and Tips
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com