I’m always looking for fast and easy dinner ideas to help me get a healthy meal on the table. This is probably one of the reasons that I break out the crock pot at least once a week…it is so easy! I love this simple recipe that I use to make Skinny Pork Tacos! You only need a few ingredients and of course your crock pot. Enjoy!
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 12 oz. jar of salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon jalepeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Place pork tenderloin in a crock pot.
- Mix together all other ingredients in a bowl and pour over pork tenderloin.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 5 hours.
- Remove pork tenderloin from crock pot and shred using a fork, pull against the grain of the meat. Return shredded pork tenderloin to crock pot and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve with whole wheat tortillas, reduced fat cheese, reduced fat sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, and guacamole.
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com