Over the next few weeks, I will be posting Thanksgiving recipes, everything from tasty sides to desserts to the main event…cooking the turkey. This recipe for Cranberry Apple Relish is delicious and is really easy. The fresh cranberries bring out a rich cranberry flavor with the perfect amount of sweetness. This recipe is sure to be a Thanksgiving favorite!
- 1 12-ounce bag fresh cranberries
- 1 cup Splenda no calorie sweetener, granulated
- 1-cup water
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate (reduced sugar if available)
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- Place cranberries, Splenda, water, and orange juice concentrate in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and boil 3-4 minutes or until cranberries start to thicken and water has been reduced by half.
- Remove from pan and place in medium bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Add diced apple and half of the raisins to cranberries.
- Stir well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Before serving, sprinkle remaining raisins over cranberries as a garnish.
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com
Skinny Mom Fact: Cranberries are one of the three major fruits native to North America (the others are blueberries and Concord grapes).