Add a twist to your grilled chicken dinner with this tasty Mexican flavor! Make this dish complete with some brown rice or broccoli. The bold flavors will be bursting with every bite, so make sure you make an extra serving for tomorrow’s lunch! I love to slice my leftover salsa chicken into thin strips or bites and put it in a high fiber, low carb tortilla wrap and top it with lettuce, onion, avocado, tomato and some hot sauce. Delicious!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30-40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 chicken breast
- 4 - 4 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tsp low-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (optional)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice (optional)
- 2 Tbsp reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
- Pepper to taste (optional)
- *Optional ingredients are not included in nutrition calculations
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle taco seasoning on both sides of chicken breasts. Top each chicken breast with 1/4 cup of salsa.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is tender and its juices run clear.
- Remove chicken from the oven and sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheese on each. Return to oven and continue baking for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top with cilantro, lime juice and sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Info and Tips
Per Serving (1 chicken breast):
Vitamin A: 7%
Vitamin C: 0%
WWP+: 6 points
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com