Mashed potatoes are an American tradition that we all know and love. Instead of going carb crazy and feeling guilty about our indulgence, I like to replace my traditional mashed potato recipe with my Skinny Mashed Cauliflower from time to time! With less than 100 calories, and 9g of carbs per serving, I always feel better when I make these! After trying this delicious side dish, regular mashed potatoes will no longer be worth the damage! If you are looking for more skinny side dishes to complete your favorite dinner, check out some of my favorites here!
Skinny Mashed Cauliflower
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 2/3 cup
- 1 head of cauliflower, trimmed
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut cauliflower heads to florets. Boil on medium-high heat with chicken broth and water until VERY soft (about 10-15 minutes), stir occasionally.
- Drain and return to pan. Mash well (to desired level of smoothness) and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Put into a round 1 1/2 quart baking dish (I used mini-casserole dishes for picture purposes), cover and bake for 20 minutes.
Nutrition Info and Tips
Per Serving (2/3 cup):
Vitamin A: 6%
Vitamin C: 0%
WWP+: 2 points
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com