Hello, delicious! My Skinny Mozzarella Bites are too good (and easy) not to try! I promise you’re going to love them! We can’t get enough of them at my house! They are perfect as a game day snack, afternoon munchies or a party appetizer, and they are ready to go in less than 15 minutes! Don’t be surprised if the results have you popping a second batch in the oven!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 3 minutes
Yield: 3 servings
Serving size: 3 mozzarella bites
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs (herb flavored)
- 3 light string cheese sticks
- 2 egg whites or 3 Tbsp egg substitute
- cooking spray
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat a medium size skillet over medium heat. Add 1/3 cup of panko breadcrumbs to the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until toasted, stirring the whole time.
- Remove from heat and place the breadcrumbs in a shallow dish.
- Put the egg whites in a small bowl.
- Cut mozzarella sticks into 1-inch pieces.
- Working with one piece at a time, dip cheese in egg whites then roll in breadcrumbs. Place cheese on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 3 minutes or until cheese is softened and thoroughly heated (without losing too much shape).
- Pour the marina sauce into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high one minute or until thoroughly heated, stirring after 30 seconds.
Nutrition Info and Tips
Per Serving (3 mozzarella bites):
Vitamin A: 5%
Vitamin C: 2%
WWP+: 3 points
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com