I find myself using recipes that call for shredded chicken at least 1-2 times each week. For that reason, I always cook up a large batch of shredded chicken in my slow cooker every Sunday and then store it in the refrigerator or freezer to use at a later date. Doing this will save you time but will also make last-minute dinners a breeze as you already have the cooked poultry on hand. It is always much easier to eat and cook healthy when you plan ahead.
Yield: 10 servings
Serving size: 1/10 of recipe
- 5 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 - 14 oz container reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- For easy storage, use Ziploc Freezer Bags
- Place chicken in the bottom of slow cooker. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Pour chicken broth over chicken breasts to cover.
- Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or on high heat for 3-4 hours.
- Shred chicken using a fork (it should fall apart easily).
- To keep in freezer or refrigerator, store shredded chicken with broth in freezer bags, making sure to get as much air out as possible before sealing.
Nutrition Info and Tips
Per Serving: (1/10 of recipe)
Vitamin A: 0 %
Vitamin C: 0 %
Calcium: 0 %
Iron: 0 %
WWP+: 2 points
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com