Talk about easy…I made this recipe in less than 10 minutes. I started with some shredded chicken that I had cooked a few days before and mixed it with some barbecue sauce. I decided to make sliders because my son loves using his fingers to eat these days and the portion size is perfect for him. I am really happy with how the Jalapeno Avocado Spread turned out as it really makes the recipe taste delicious and gives the sliders a little something extra…my mom, who doesn’t really like avocados, even enjoyed the sliders!
Servings: 4 (Makes 8 sliders)
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup KC Masterpiece Low Calorie Barbecue Sauce
- 1/4 cup Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue Sauce (this is optional…I just love this stuff, but you just can’t eat too much as it has a lot of sugar!)
- 8 whole wheat mini slider buns
Jalapeno Avocado Spread
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- 1 Tbsp jalapenos (if you don’t like heat, look for the pickled jalapenos that are mild)
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Mix shredded chicken with barbecue sauces, gently toss until mixed.
- For Jalapeno Avocado Spread, mix all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- To serve, top mini sliders with barbecue sauce and Jalapeno Avocado spread. Enjoy!