I was in a hurry this weekend and didn’t really have time to cook a big breakfast. I knew that I wanted to make a muffin or something quick and I was really craving apples and cinnamon. The result, a new recipe for Skinny Apple Pie Muffins! Hot out of the oven, these muffins taste like a piece of warm apple pie. I love using boxed ingredients when it comes to baking because I don’t usually have a lot of time and for this recipe I used a box of Fiber One Apple Cinnamon Muffin Mix as a base.
- • 1 box Fiber One Muffin Mix (Dry mix only)
- • 1 can No Sugar Added Apple Pie Filling
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2. In a medium size bowl, add Fiber One Muffin Mix, apple pie filling, and 3/4 cups water. Stir until well mixed. Apples will be large in size and if you would like smaller apple pieces, chop apples before adding to the mix.
- 3. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon mixture evenly among 12 muffin tins.
- 4. Bake 15-20 minutes until muffin tops are golden brown and the center is cooked through. Remove from oven and enjoy! Store leftovers and before eating, reheat in microwave for 10-15 seconds.
Nutrition Info and Tips
Nutrition Info Per Serving (1 large muffin): Calories: 147, Fat: 2.5g, Carbohydrates: 33g, Fiber: 5.5g, Sugars: 18g, Protein: 1g
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com