Skinny Raspberry Lemonade Cake
Sweet and tart Skinny Raspberry Lemonade Cake instantly puts you in the mood for warm weather and outdoor picnics!
Growing up, my granny made a delicious Pink Lemonade Cake that was one of my favorites. Of course, that was before I even cared about counting calories or knew how many grams of fat are in buttercream frosting as her cake was covered in it! I took my granny’s original recipe and experimented in the kitchen with a few different ingredients and came up with this delicious recipe for a Skinny Raspberry Lemonade cake that has the same great taste but is lighter in calories and fat grams. The secret to this recipe is using a 6 ounce container of Yoplait Light Raspberry Lemonade flavored yogurt. By using the yogurt, I didn’t have to use any oil or eggs, only egg whites which cuts down on fat grams and calories. Enjoy!
- 18.25 ounce box white cake mix
- 3 tsp Raspberry Lemonade Flavored Crystal Light Drink Mix
- 1 6 oz. container Yoplait Light Raspberry Lemonade flavored yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 8 ounce container Cool Whip Free
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl or stand up mixer, mix cake mix, egg whites, Crystal Light mix, yogurt, and water until well mixed and lump free.
- Pour mixture into a 9x13 inch pan or two 8 inch round pans.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until cake has cooked through. Let cake cool and top cake with Cool Whip Free topping. For optional toppings, use fresh raspberries or lemon slices.
Nutrition Info and Tips
Nutrition Info per 1/16 of cake: Calories: 143.1, Fat: 1.3g, Carbohydrates: 29g, Sugars: 14g, Protein: 2g, Fiber: 0g
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com