I love a good chicken salad recipe, but sometimes finding a great-tasting and healthy chicken salad recipe is a challenge! Most of the recipes that I have come across taste really good, but they are loaded with fat and calories. And, I hardly ever order chicken salad off of a restaurant menu since they are almost always packed with lots of mayo and a pretty scary amount of hidden calories.
My recipe for chicken salad is definitely on the lighter side, but it doesn’t skimp on flavor. This Skinny Chicken Salad recipe is packed with seedless grapes, crunchy pecans and just the right amount of dressing. Try it on a low carb, high fiber wrap, or just on its own for a delicious lunch! Add in additional fruit or chopped onions to make it your own.
As I make this salad quite often, I typically cook a large batch of shredded chicken in my slow cooker every Sunday, which cuts down on the cook and prep time for this recipe drastically. This weekly habit saves me so much time in the kitchen and it ensures I have a substantial base for a variety of delicious and skinny meals. Check out my Skinny Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken recipe here!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: varies based on chicken cooking times
Yield: 8 servings
Serving size: 1/2 cup (3 oz)
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded (about 6 chicken breasts or 1.25 lbs)
- 1 cup celery, chopped (6-7 stalks)
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup grapes, rinsed and quartered (about 23 grapes)
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Cook the chicken according to package instructions. While chicken is cooking, chop the celery, pecans, grapes and green onions. Combine in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayo, salt, black pepper and onion powder.
- Once chicken has been cooked and cooled (about 10 minutes), use your hands to shred the chicken into the large bowl with the celery, pecans, grapes and green onions. Spoon the mayo mixture on top and stir until everything is evenly coated.
Nutrition Info and Tips
Per Serving (1/2 cup):
Vitamin A: 2%
Vitamin C: 18%
WWP+: 5 points
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com