For this week’s Friday Fitness Challenge, I wanted to give you an exercise routine you can complete multiple times a week to get your body summer ready. With the continued use of this routine, you’ll melt fat, get toned, and see an increase in energy level. Who doesn’t want that?! We recommend you workout first thing in the morning with nothing in your belly besides a glass of water, but let’s face it, we know you all are incredibly busy, so if you can’t get this in first thing in the morning, just do it when you can. This workout will take you about 15-20 minutes, so there’s NO excuse as to why you can’t get this in 3-4 times a week.
1. Warm Up (5 minutes) *Complete the warmup with no break in between exercises
- Jog (3 minutes) – jog on the treadmill, outside, or if you’re doing this at home, just jog in place or around your home
- High Knees (30 seconds)
- Butt Kickers (30 seconds)
- Arm circles (30 seconds)
- Plank (30 seconds)
2. Dumbbell Squats (1 minute)
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, and hold a dumbbell (weight of your choosing) at your sides. As you seat yourself into a squat, raise your dumbbells so they are placed near your underarms and your elbows are pointed outward. Get as many sets in as you can in 1 minute with no break.
3. Medicine Ball Crunch on Stability Ball (1 minute) – medicine ball can be replaced with a dumbbell
- Get in the normal stability ball crunch position. Holding the medicine ball, raise your arms straight above your head. Contract your abs and raise into a crunch, pushing the medicine ball up toward the ceiling. Get as many sets in as you can in 1 minute with no break
4. Plank Push-Up and Raise (1 minute)
- This exercise will get your muscles burning and your body sweatin’! But, don’t worry, you get a break after this one! Get in a plank position (for an extra challenge, use light weights to grasp with your hands in plank). Keep your back straight and your abs contracted. Lower your body to the floor in one motion, holding your body right above the floor without touching it. Push back up until your arms are straight. Once you’re balanced, raise your right hand (holding the dumbbell if you can) to the ceiling. To do this, you’ll have to open up your chest. Look up at your hand. Hold for a second or two then return your hand back. Lower back into plank, and repeat. Get as many sets in as you can in 1 minute with no break.
REST TIME!! Get a drink of water, stretch your muscles, crank up the music, and shake it out!
5. Alternating Front Lunge with Arm Raises (1 minute)
- Holding light dumbbells at your side, lunge forward with one leg. Keep your back straight, your abs tight, and don’t let your knee overextend your toes. While you’re lowering into the lunge, raise your arms out to the side and hold this position for a couple seconds. Return to the standing position with your arms back down to your side, and repeat with the other leg. Get as many sets in as you can in 1 minute with no break.
6. Medicine Ball Rotation (1 minute)
- Start with your feet shoulder width apart and hold the medicine ball in front of you at your waist. While keeping your abs tight, open up your chest and twist your hips to the left and raise the medicine ball above your head to the left side of you. In one motion, rotate your body and the medicine ball to the right side and rest it at your thigh. Complete this movement for 30 seconds and then switch to the other side for 30 seconds. Get as many sets in as you can in 1 minute with no break.
7. Alternating Chest Press on Stability Ball (1 minute)
- Sit on the stability ball and walk yourself forward until only your shoulders are rested on the surface. Keep your abs tight and your back straight. Holding dumbbells (try at least 10 pounds if you can), raise both arms up toward the ceiling. You’re going to alternate the dumbbells simultaneously. For the first movement, drop one arm down so your elbow is pointed out, but keep your arm off the ball. Then, for the rest of the minute, you’re going to push one arm up, and lower one down while maintaining good form. Get as many sets in as you can in 1 minute with no break.
8. Stool Lifts (1 minute)
- This is great to workout your hips and thighs and will get your heart rate pumping! Place a stool or chair in front of you and stand to the right of it. First, lift your right leg up and move it over the top of the chair. Once your right foot is on the ground, do the same motion with your left leg. Then repeat. Get as many sets in as you can in 1 minute with no break.
9. Squat Jumps (1 minute)
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart. Complete a normal squat, but when you raise back up, jump with your arms straight up as high as you can. Land softly with your toes pointed forward and feet parallel to each other. Get as many sets in as you can in 1 minute with no break.
10. Superman Roll Arounds (1 minute)
- You’re going to end this Fat Blast Boot Camp with a bang! Start on your belly with your arms straight out in front of you. You’re going to raise your arms and legs up into a superman position and hold for 5 seconds. Then, you’re going to roll around on your back and keep your arms, head, upperback and legs off the ground, really working your abdominals. The lower your feet are to the ground, the harder your working your abs. Hold this position for 5 seconds and squeeze your abs. Roll back to your belly for superman. Repeat each roll and hold each position for 5 seconds, and try to keep your arms and legs off the ground for the whole minute. Get as many sets in as you can in 1 minute with no break.
REST TIME!! Get a drink of water, wipe off your sweat, and STRETCH STRETCH STRETCH!