This is a quick and easy twist on chicken that the entire family, including my picky 18-month-old, loves! I guess it resembles chicken nuggets enough to slip it by him! You can use any cut of chicken, I just prefer the tenders on this one.
- 1 lb. Chicken Breast Tenderloins
- • 2 egg whites
- • 1/2 cup pecans (they are going to be chopped up so I buy whatever "cut" is cheapest)
- • 1/2 cup almonds (they are going to be chopped up so I buy whatever "cut" is cheapest)
- • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- • 1 tsp. thyme
- • 1/2 tsp. salt
- Add all ingredients (except chicken and egg whites) to a food processor.
- Blend/Chop together until you have a nice crumbly mixture (the mixture will be slightly wet)
- Set up your assembly line so that everything is on it’s own plate.
- Put egg whites on one plate and the mixture on yet another so you can grab your chicken, roll it in egg whites, then in the mixture, and put it right on the baking sheet. I recommend lightly spraying the baking sheet first
- Dip. Roll. Place. Repeat. (little fingers can sometimes help with this part!)
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com