So, I find new ways of making the same stuff all the time. I use leftovers in many things. I came up with a great solution for my craving of pizza and I thought I’d share it with all of you.
I made a “tortilla pizza” which is pretty much what I call it so that my kids will eat it. It’s totally easy, quick and completely customizable.
Easier than Pizza Pie – Tortilla Pizza
- baked chicken (I love to use browned ground lean turkey as well)
- cooked broccoli (chopped)
- cooked turkey bacon (crumbled)
- shredded mozzarella
- Whole Wheat (low carb/high fiber) tortilla.
- Turn the oven on broil and brown the tortillas on a baking sheet
- Flip and brown the other side (not really brown but almost crispy)
- Top one side of each tortilla with hummus; you can use spaghetti sauce or whatever topping you might like… Ricotta might be nice, but I love hummus so I use that.
- Pull apart the baked chicken and place on the tortilla.
- Then I top with the broccoli, bacon, and cheese.
- Place back in the oven (broil), just until the cheese is bubbly and mel
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com