Lemon Chicken and Rice
- 1cup basmati or long grain brown rice
- 16oz low sodium chicken broth
- 1tbsp Earth Balance Buttery Spread or regular butter
- 1tbsp minced garlic
- 1tsp red pepper flakes (if desired)
- 1 lemon
- 1/2lb – 1lb (chicken breast, shrimp, or canned chicken)
- 2tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- In a pot add in broth, rice, butter, and garlic; bring to a boil.
- Once that starts to boil add in red pepper flakes, cover, and reduce heat to low.
- Let simmer for 15-25 minutes depending on rice.
- Take off lid and add in cooked protein choice, squeeze fresh lemon in pot, and add cilantro.
- Mix all together and cover for another 3-5 minutes. Serve!
This meal just bursts with flavor which is why it’s one of our (the crazy foodies) favorite go to meals! I hope you enjoy it!