WARNING: This recipe is not for the calorie counting, figure watching, bikini desiring mothers! Sometimes we all need a guilty pleasure…and this is one of mine!
My Aunt always makes this delicious taco salad recipe. After doing some experimenting I have perfected, well in my opinion, my own version of her classic! It’s easy, filling, and screams out summer to me!!
- Lettuce (your preference)
- can of corn/or corn on the cob boiled or grilled and removed
- can of black beans drained and rinsed
- chopped up tomato
- 1000 Island Dressing
- Taco Seasoning
- Chicken Breast (depends on how many people are eating)
- Mexican Shredded Cheese
- Bag of Fritos or Doritos (again it’s all about your taste preference)
It is this simple!!
- Just grill, bake, or boil your chicken seasoned to your preference!
- In a large bowl layer your salad, beans, corn, chicken (cut up or shredded), tomato, cheese, and top it off with chips.
- In another bowl, mix together your 1000 Island and Taco Seasoning then drizzle over the salad.
- **If you aren’t a chicken fan you can replace it with ground beef, turkey burger, or shrimp. I’ve also had it with added chunks of avocado! The delicious possibilities are endless!!