I can’t get enough of coming up with fun new ways to use leftovers! Two things I can’t stand are being wasteful and boring dinners, so I have to get creative! Tostadas are such a cute, different way to present dinner. Gotta keep things interesting and fun if you want to get kids excited about dinner! For these tostadas have used prepared plain chicken, leftover Salsa Chicken, and leftovers from my Slow Cooker Chicken Provencal, so go with whatever you have on hand! This dinner is flexible, versatile, filling and most importantly will take the fear out of eating leftover!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 3-8 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
Serving size: 1 tostada + topping
- 1 cup Slow Cooker Provencal Chicken and Beans
- 2 5" La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Low-Carb, High-Fiber Tortillas
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat, shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 cups fresh mixed salad greens
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place tortillas on sheet and broil for 2-3 minutes or until lightly crispy.
- Reheat chicken in microwave and then evenly distribute 1/2 cup per tortilla.
- Top each tortilla with 1/4 cup of salsa and then 1/4 cup cheese.
- Place sheet back in oven and broil for an additional 1-2 minutes or until cheese just melts.
- Top each toasted tortilla with 1 cup of greens and enjoy!
Nutrition Info and Tips
Per Serving (1 tostada + topping):
Vitamin A: 9%
Vitamin C: 23%
WWP+: 7 points
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com