There always seems to be a salad of some sorts on the table in the summer. So versatility and accessibility are major factors in my recipes. I will often cook a big batch of quinoa and make two different kinds of salads with it for the week. This “Greek Quinoa Salad” is fantastic paired with grilled chicken, or add a can of chickpeas and have it as the main dish!!
- 2 cups quinoa (dry)
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 long cucumber, chopped
- 1 sm red onion, chopped fine
- 1 can of sliced kalamata olives
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tbs pine nuts ( optional)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbs, olive oil
- ¼ cup, balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs, garlic
- sea salt/pepper
- Cook the quinoa with water or stock, according to package directions.
- Once cooked transfer to large bowl and add remaining ingredients, stirring until fully combined.
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com