There are no words to describe how incredibly delicious this sandwich is……just look at the picture!!! Being a vegetarian, I am always looking for ideas for delicious recipes and this crab melt is amazing!! This recipe is not skinny…but by simply switching from regular swiss to low fat swiss you can save some calories. I use regular sour cream, but again low fat or even nonfat can be used. And if you are worried about your carbs, you can skip the bread all together.
- 1 pound can of jumbo lump crab meat
- 2 tbs of sour cream (skinny swap: low fat or nonfat)
- 1 tbs mayonnaise (skinny swap: low fat or nonfat)
- salt and pepper to taste
- old bay seasoning
- 4 slices of rye bread
- 4 slices of swiss cheese
- 2 large tomatoes
1. In a bowl mix crab meat, sour cream and mayonnaise.
2. Add salt and pepper to taste; sprinkle old bay seasoning and mix.
3. Slice tomatoes into 1/4 inch slices.
4. Toast rye bread.
5. Place crab meat mixture on top of each slice of rye.
6. Place tomatoes on top of crab (2-3 slices per melt).
7. Top with swiss cheese.
8. Place under broiler until cheese is melted.
9. Top with fresh parsley.