There are dozens of recipes floating around on Pinterest for Slow Cooker Oats all promising the same thing, to awake to breakfast deliciousness. I pulled out the slow cooker and decided to give it a go. As promised the oats turned out perfect and with a little sweetener and some fresh blueberries, I think I found a healthy breakfast recipe that I can make at least once a week. Enjoy!
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 4 cups water
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Splenda or Brown Sugar Splenda to taste
- Heavily coat slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place oats in slow cooker and pour water over oats.
- Add in cinnamon and vanilla and stir to mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours overnight.
- Wake up and stir oats.
- Add Splenda and or Brown Sugar Splenda to taste. If the oats are too thick, simply add in skim milk or almond milk and stir to desired consistency.
- Optional: Top with fresh blueberries, pecans, and milk.
Nutrition Info and Tips
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com