Simple Toasted Hazelnut Almond Butter
Almond butter is my go-to spread and topping for almost everything. It is great with toast, yogurt, and especially steel-cut oats. If you are a foodie like me and love going to the specialty markets to buy it fresh, you know it can be very expensive. I put together a delicious and simple recipe to make your own. I added toasted hazelnuts because they compliment the almonds so well. Almonds and hazelnuts can never be a bad combination!
Toasted Hazelnut and Almond Butter
- 2 cups whole almonds
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Toast almonds and hazelnuts in a pan on stovetop or oven until light brown. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place nuts in food processor. Turn on low or setting 1 for 5 minutes.
- Turn to high or level 2 for 15-20 minutes until mixture is runny.
- If you want it crunchy, you can add a 1/4 cup of chopped nuts. Pulse for a few seconds.
- Store in refrigerator.
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com
For Photo Credit Click here: flavorthemoments.com