It’s a sad truth that most women are not happy with their bodies. Whether it is a bad self image, a range of insecurities, or knowledge of needing to eat better and live a healthier, active life, we have to put our best foot forward in creating a peaceful, positive, and confident sense of self.
Skinny Mom recently launched a product review of the book, Slimmer: The New Mediterranean Way to Lose Weight, by Harry Papas. We caught back up with Papas and discussed this problem we all face. To help inspire and motivate us women that need to work on our bodies and self confidence, he gave us some great tips on how to begin and sustain a weight loss or weight management system.
Consider the following 9-point action plan to get to and maintain your ideal weight:
1. ACKNOWLEDGE the pain: Accept that you’re upset, sad, tired, and frustrated with your current weight and health.
2. Specifically OBSERVE what causes these feelings: Observe the conditions and situations, and the feelings inside you and around you that contribute to the unhappiness you feel being overweight.
3. THINK and FEEL about the alternative: Imagine what it would be like to rid yourself of these excess pounds and unhappy feelings as you strive towards your own ideal weight.
4. ANALYZE your reasons for losing weight: Think about why you want to become slimmer (to feel better, to look better), and how your life is negatively impacted by remaining overweight. Repeat these analyses constantly.
5. CREATE incentives for losing weight: These are springboards that will give you the drive and power to stick with your weight-loss plan (a vacation, new outfit, or other reward).
6. DECIDE to begin: You’ve made your decision. Express it constantly and happily. Say to yourself, “I can and will get to my ideal weight.”
7. ACT on your commitment: Make a daily effort by going on the SLIMMER nutritional program, drinking more water, and increasing your physical activity.
8. EMPOWER your effort: Emit positive thoughts and energy for success. Feel good about your effort.
9. WITNESS the results: You’ve now lost all your excess pounds, and have achieved your ideal weight. Remember: To maintain your ideal weight forever, you need to permanently adopt the good dietary habits you’ve created along the way.
*featured image photo credit: http://www.suddenlyslimmer.com