This chili not only tastes AMAZING, it is also SO good for you!! Full of veggies, beans and my secret ingredient….cinnamon!! Top with greek yogurt and a sprinkle of cheddar, even GREAT with a spoonful of cottage cheese and toasted pumpkin seeds! It will for sure warm your belly and keep you full for hours on those cool fall nights!
- • 1 package of extra lean ground turkey
- • 1 large yellow onion chopped
- • 1 c.each of chopped sweet red, yellow and green peppers, celery, and chopped carrots
- • 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- • 1 Tbsp.chili powder
- • 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- • 1 tsp cinnamon
- • 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- • 1 (29 oz) can tomato sauce
- • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- • 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- • 1 can kernel corn, undrained
- • In a large pot brown ground turkey until fully cooked.
- • Add onions, peppers, celery, carrots, spinach, garlic, and spices.
- • Cook over medium-low heat, stirring often until vegetables are softened (approx. 8-10 mins)
- • Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, and corn.
- • Stir well, and simmer over low heat for 20-30mins., stirring occasionally.
- • Makes 8-10 servings.
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com