Fall is here, and with it comes the promise of crisp leaves, cool breezes, apple cider and pumpkin-flavored everything. You might call me crazy, but I’m one of those pumpkin lovers that was breaking down the doors at Starbucks to get my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the year. I love everything pumpkin, and I don’t think I could ever get sick of it. After my first batch of pumpkin pie (I’ve already made 3 this fall!), I decided to rethink my traditional pumpkin pie recipe and make it a little bit “skinnier” for those of us who just can’t pass up this fall favorite. The result was an equally delicious treat with half the calories.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Serving size: 1/8 of pie
- 1 -15 oz can Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup Stevia (or your favorite sweetener)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix pumpkin, milk and egg whites in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix Stevia and spices.
- Gradually, stir the spice mixture into the pumpkin mixture.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 2 hours and serve.
Nutrition Info and Tips
Per Serving (1/8 of pie):
Vitamin A: 159%
Vitamin C: 1%
WWP+: 3 points
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com