With having four children to dress-up for Halloween, it can get pretty expensive!! So I usually end up making one or two of the costumes myself – and really nothing beats having a homemade costume. I LOVE being creative, so for me, this is a GREAT way to tap into my creativity. Here are two “Simple & Inexpensive Halloween Costumes” to make.
Scarecrow: You can find most items at your local thrift store.
- A large straw hat with a flower glued to the side of it and raffia glued to the edges
- Over sized flannel shirt
- Faded blue jeans or overalls with patches glued on
- Rope for belt and to tie at the cuffs of the shirt
- Stuff the shirt with a pillow
- Glue some raffia or straw to hang out of jeans and shirt
- Gardner’s gloves
- Add a little bit of make-up.
- Cardboard box (large enough to fit your torso)
- Cut out head and arms holes
- Cover the box with large white construction paper
- Cut out black circles from construction paper ( I used a small plate to trace my circles)
- Glue circles on each side of the box (to look like a dice)
Halloween costume possibilities are endless!! You don’t even need to be crafty – all it takes is a little imagination!!