Nothing says fall like comfort food! What if I told you I had a recipe for zucchini bread that is easy to make, delicious, and won’t hurt your waist line? This zucchini bread is so yummy, no one will even suspect that it’s actually good for you! The healthy changes to this standard recipe make it a more healthful choice, without compromising any of the taste.
Alicia’s Super-Delicious Skinny Zucchini Bread
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sweetener (I use Equal)
- 3/4 cups egg substitute
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (I use 1.5 cups white, 1.5 cups whole wheat)
- 1 tsp. table salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Beat egg substitute, sugar & sweetener, add unsweetened applesauce & spices, blend.
- Add flour, baking soda & baking powder.
- Mix in shredded zucchini, stir in vanilla.
- Pour into 2 regular size greased loaf pans.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for about an hour.
- Start checking them @ 45 minutes so you don't overbake.
Nutrition Info and Tips
If you are following Weight Watchers, this recipe, cut into 20 equal slices is 3 PPV per slice.
This bread is great w. coffee or milk for breakfast or dessert, & freezes well. I pre-slice it & freeze it in individual serving sizes for a quick treat.
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com