Skinny Slow Cooker Tortilla Soup
Winter is coming, and that means comfy oversized sweaters, curling up by the fireplace, hot chocolate…and steamy bowls of soup to keep us warm.
Skinny Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of my favorite soup recipes!
Skinny Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can diced tomatoes & green chilies
- 1 cup salsa (mild, medium, or hot…your choice!)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Diced veggies (I typically use green, red & yellow peppers and onion for this soup)
- Place all of the ingredients in your slow cooker on HIGH for 3 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred using two forks.
- Return the chicken to the broth and cook on LOW for 30 minutes.
- Serve with low salt or sea salt tortilla chips.
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com