Chicken is good, Greek yogurt is good, natural peanut butter is good, put them all together and what you’ve got is a great alternative to greasy chicken fingers and wings. This is just a cleaned up version of my favorite chicken satay recipe, tasty and pretty darn easy.
- • 1 cup plain non-fat/low fat Greek yogurt
- • 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- • 1 tablespoon curry powder
- • About 1 ½ lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- • 20 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- • oil for grilling
- • Peanut sauce (recipe follows)
- Peanut Sauce for Chicken Satay
- • 1 cup smooth, natural peanut butter
- • ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- • 2 teaspoons red chili paste
- • 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- • 2 limes, juiced
- • ½ cup of hot water
- • ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- Combine yogurt, ginger, garlic, and curry powder in shallow bowl and stir. Place chicken in the marinade and toss till well coated. Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers. Brush grill or grill pan with oil and grill chicken for about 3-5 minutes each side. Serve with peanut sauce on the side.
- Cooking Instructions for Peanut Sauce
- Combine peanut butter, soy sauce, red chili paste, coconut sugar, and lime juice in food processor and puree to combine.
- While motor is running, drizzle in the hot water to thin out the sauce, you may not need all of it.
- Pour sauce into serving bowl and garnish with chopped peanuts.
- Serve with the chicken.
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com