As Carrie Bradshaw once said, “I like my money right where I can see it… hanging in my closet.” This doesn’t mean you need to go “fashion poor”; however, I do feel there are certain pieces that are worth spending more money on such as handbags, shoes, boots and jeans. Oh and a great coat, James Perse tanks, and wunder unders…and I must admit it was very challenging to ONLY pick 9 must have pieces. After thinking pretty hard, I chose these 9 pieces that should be in every fashionista’s closet:
1. White fitted button down shirt: This is an important closet staple and can be both trendy (paired with skinny jeans) and classic (paired with a business suit).
2. A couple pairs of great fitted jeans: It doesn’t matter if they are skinny, boot cut or wide leg jeans, as long as they fit well. My favorites are Jbrand and Paige.
3. A solid blazer: Boyfriend blazers, tailored blazers, and oversized blazers are a great look to pull an outfit together and to look polished. I have one from J Crew that I have had for years and absolutely love it!! Paired with a tight tank, jeans and heels, you are ready for a night out!
4. Little black dress (LBD): A MUST HAVE! A simple, figure-flattering black dress is timeless.
5. An animal print scarf: A great leopard print scarf adds instant chic to any plain outfit in any season.
6. Classic Trench: One of the most essential wardrobe staples is a classic, chic trench coat. More than just a way to cover up, trench coats are the new accessory. Look for a trench in black, khaki, white or stone colors.
7. To Die For Leather Boots: These are a must have! I have a pair of Fiorentini & Baker boots and absolutely love, love, love them!!! I don’t skimp on shoes…they are an investment and well worth the money since they will last for years. Plus, you can pair them with jeans, skirts, and dresses!
8. Maxi Dress: This is a staple piece that I have and can easily transition from fall to summer simply by layering!
9. Spanx: Well-fitting, figure-flattering undergarments are the foundation of every outfit. What did we do before Spanx?
Featured Image Credit: www.iamchiconthecheap.com