My inspiration for this cake recipe came from a Bumbleberry Cake in a cookbook at my mother’s house. I was trying to come up with cake that didn’t need icing and combined fresh fruit for the summer, and this Summer Berry Lemon Cake turned out delicious. In fact, my sister who tries out most of my recipes said that this is her favorite cake recipe so far. The Land O Lakes Cinnamon Sugar Butter deliciously combined with the brown sugar and fruit, and the topping paired perfectly with the rich lemon cake. I do have to say that the cake tastes much better than it looks…enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
Serving size: 1/12 of pan
- 1 Betty Crocker Lemon Cake Mix
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 2 tbsp Land O'Lakes Cinnamon Sugar Butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 6 oz. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13x9 inch cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, melt Land O Lakes Cinnamon Sugar Butter. Pour melted butter into the bottom of 13x9 inch cake pan.
- Evenly sprinkle brown sugar onto melted butter into pan.
- Evenly add blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries onto brown sugar and butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix Betty Crocker Lemon Cake Mix, Greek yogurt, lemon extract, egg whites, and 1 ¼ cups of water. Mix until batter is smooth.
- Pour cake mix on top of berries in cake pan.
- Bake cake for 38-40 minutes until lightly golden brown and toothpick or fork inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Let cake cool for 5-10 minutes and then turn upside down onto a cookie sheet or large platter.
- Serve cake warm with Cool Whip Free (optional).
Nutrition Info and Tips
Per Serving (1/12th of pan):
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com