I took my grandma’s classic recipe for Tuna Casserole and made it “skinny”! This recipe for Skinny Tuna Casserole is a simple, inexpensive, and healthy twist on the staple casserole. It seriously only takes a few short minutes to put together and it is perfect for the entire family. Even the clean up is super easy! Feel free to add in extra vegetables like peas or carrots to the casserole as well.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Serving size: 1/8 of casserole
- 4 cups whole wheat egg noodles
- 2 cans albacore tuna in water
- ¾ cup fat free skim milk
- ½ Tbsp honey mustard
- 2 Tbsp reduced fat Miracle Whip salad dressing
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 can 10 ¾ ounce fat free cream of mushroom soup
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup panko
- ¾ cup fiber one cereal
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spread
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook whole wheat egg noodles according to package and drain.
- In a medium size bowl, combine tuna, milk, honey mustard, Miracle Whip, mushrooms, red pepper, red pepper flakes, and fat free cream of mushroom soup. Using a spatula or wooden spoon mix all ingredients together.
- Add egg noodles to tuna mixture and stir to cover egg noodles with mixture.
- Transfer tuna mixture to casserole dish.
- For topping, using a blender or food processor, crush Fiber One cereal to a breadcrumb like consistency.
- In a small bowl, melt I Can't Believe It's Not Butter in the microwave for a few seconds.
- In a separate bowl, mix Panko breadcrumbs, Fiber One cereal, paprika, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and black pepper.
- Add melted butter to breadcrumb mixture and stir together.
- Using your hand, evenly distribute breadcrumb mixture and breadcrumbs over casserole.
- Bake casserole in oven for 25-30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Nutrition Info and Tips
Per Serving (1/8th of casserole):
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com