Lean Turkey and Spinach Lasagna
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
Serving size: 1/12 of pan
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups jarred tomato sauce
- 3 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped white mushrooms
- 6 cups chopped fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups fat free ricotta
- 1 pkg whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded part skim mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to box directions until al dente. Rinse noodles with cold water.
- Coat a 9x13 pyrex dish with pam.
- Spray a large skillet with pam and saute onions until transparent.
- Add turkey and cook until browned.
- Add tomato sauce, all seasonings, and mushrooms and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine spinach and ricotta.
- In your baking dish, arrange 1/3 of noodles(3) in bottom of dish.
- Spread layer of ricotta mixture, the turkey mixture and then 1/3 of the mozzarella. Repeat 2x, ending with mozzarella.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese becomes bubbly. Cool for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Info and Tips
Per Serving (1/12th of pan):
Sodium: 430.8 mg
Vitamin A: 9%
Vitamin C: 5.9%
WWP+: 4 points