This cake recipe is a variation of one of my favorite classic dishes, apple pie. I wanted to create a recipe that combined apples, cinnamon, and spice flavors into a delicious cake that I could serve with ice cream or a whipped topping. This Skinny Apple Pie Cake recipe turned out incredible! I served the cake warm out of the oven and paired it with Cool Whip Free dessert topping, but you could add ice cream or frozen yogurt.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35-40 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
Serving size: 1/12 of cake
- 1 Spice Cake, dry mix only
- 1 can no-sugar added apples
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Land O'Lakes Cinnamon Sugar Spread
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x11 cake pan with non-stick butter spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, melt Land O'Lakes Cinnamon Sugar Spread.
- Pour the melted Land O'Lakes Cinnamon Sugar Spread in the bottom of 9x11 cake pan.
- Evenly sprinkle ½ cup of brown sugar over the Land O'Lakes Cinnamon Sugar Spread.
- Evenly distribute the can of no-sugar added apples on top of cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, mix dry cake mix, egg whites, applesauce, cinnamon, and 1 ½ cups water. Beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until well mixed.
- Pour cake mix directly on top of apples and spread evenly over the apples.
- Bake cake in oven for 35-40 minutes until fork inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool slightly for 5 minutes. Then turn upside down onto a platter or cookie sheet.
- Serve the cake warm with scoop of Cool Whip Free topping or low calorie ice cream or frozen yogurt.
Nutrition Info and Tips
Per Serving (1/12th of cake):
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com