Skinny Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1/2 stuffed bell pepper
- 8 oz flank steak
- 8 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp light butter
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh garlic, minced
- S&P to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice peppers in half lengthwise, remove ribs and seeds.
- Place halves two at a time in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. The "skin" will lose a little brightness after the cook. Remove from water and place in baking dish.
- Slice onions and mushrooms. Sauté over medium heat with butter, olive oil, minced garlic and a little salt and pepper. Saute until onions and mushrooms are nice and caramelized.
- Add thinly sliced steak to the skillet and cook until meat is at desired temperature.
- Line the inside of each pepper with a slice of provolone cheese.
- Fill each pepper with meat mixture until they are nearly overflowing.
- Top each pepper with another slice of provolone cheese.
- Bake 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown.
Nutrition Info and Tips
Per Serving (1/2 stuffed bell pepper):
Vitamin A: 13%
Vitamin C: 5%
WWP+: 8 points