I try to add fish to my meal plan on a weekly basis, but grilled or baked fish can get pretty boring after a while. In pursuit of adding a little zing to my fish recipes, I decided to combine my favorite salmon flavors with the classic burger style. These salmon burger patties are filled with great flavor, and the sauce infuses the patty with an even bigger taste you won’t be able to get enough of! Feel free to add the traditional burger toppings. I think some crisp lettuce and a juicy tomato would be great additions!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 salmon burger
- 15 oz pink salmon
- 3/4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 large eggs
- 4 Tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 limes
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- Combine breadcrumbs, salmon, yellow pepper, red onion, red pepper flakes and eggs into mixing bowl.
- Mix thoroughly, then shape into 4 equally sized cakes.
- Bake cakes at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- While they are cooking, mix mayo, chili powder and 1 lime for sauce.
- After cooking, squeeze remaining lime onto cakes.
Nutrition Info and Tips
Per Serving (1 salmon burger):
Vitamin A: 27%
Vitamin C: 14%
WWP+: 8 points
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com