Tea Time Cucumber + Cheese Sandwiches
Sandwiches should not be limited to two slices of bread. Get a refreshing snack and a truly crisp sandwich by using cucumbers! These may be a delicate, dainty snack but they will truly fight off the snack attack. Indulge in this tea party classic anytime of the day. Mix up the cream cheese flavors you use, but remember to adjust the calorie content to the new spread.
Cucumber and Cream Cheese Sandwiches
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Serving size: 2 sandwiches
- 1 large cucumber or 2 small cucumbers
- 4 oz ⅓ less fat cream cheese
- ½ Tbsp fresh dill
- 24 slices Pepperidge Farm Dark Pumpernickel bread (party size)
- Wash and peel cucumber. Slice cucumber into 12 equal slices.
- Spread a thin layer of softened cream cheese on one slice of Dark Pump bread.
- Top the thin layer of cream cheese with a sprinkle of fresh dill.
- Place a cucumber slice on top of cream cheese and fresh dill.
- Top cucumber with another slice of Dark Pump bread.
- Repeat with remaining cucumber slices, cream cheese, and Dark Pump bread slices.
Nutrition Info and Tips
Per Serving (2 Sandwiches):
Vitamin A: 4 %
Vitamin C: 1 %
Calcium: 5 %
Iron: 6 %
WWP+: 5 points
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com